The Property Management Office must be notified as soon as possible of any upcoming move. Your moving contractor must provide a Certificate of Insurance and protection for building carpets, walls and elevators during loading and unloading. Authorization for move schedules will be approved on a first-come, first-serve basis, and will be scheduled after hours or on weekends.
Property Removal Report
A Property Removal Report is required when individuals depart from your floor any time via the freight elevator and/or the building lobby with property belonging to your firm. Property Removal Report Forms are provided by the Property Management Office.
It is the responsibility of each tenant to initiate and use a Property Removal Report in conjunction with their internal company requirements. All Property Removal Reports must be signed by an authorized representative from your company.
A completed Property Removal Report will provide the following information:
- Name of tenant company and suite(s) from which property will be removed
- Date of removal (if a permit is to be used over an extended period, no more than six months at a time is allowed; please indicate an effective and expiration date)
- Item(s) to be removed
- Serial number(s)/model number(s) (if necessary)
- Identity of individual/vendor who will be removing property
- Name (printed) and signature of authorized signatory
After completion of use, the actual forms will be returned to your firm reflecting the date and time of use. Any forms that reflect an extension time period will remain on file until their expiration.
Each time you or one of your employees remove materials or equipment from the building, one of these forms should be filled out and presented to the security officer on duty at the security console or the Property Management Office.
Your cooperation and that of your employees is appreciated. Failure to produce an authentic, original Property Removal Pass will result in denial to remove the property from the premises.
In case of an emergency, the security officer has the ability to contact an Authorized Tenant Contact at home for the purpose of notification, with prior approval from the Property Management Office. This information is considered confidential, and our security officers will be instructed accordingly.
When moving into, out of or within the building, please contact the Property Management Office for assistance and scheduling. Thomas Properties Group requires that the moving contractor provide a Certificate of Insurance and protection for building carpets, walls and elevators during loading and unloading. Even if you are not using a moving contractor, please call the Property Management Office for assistance in coordinating the use of the elevator and protection of carpet. All move-ins, move-outs and relocation moves are to be scheduled after hours or on weekends.
The following rules pertain to moving furniture, equipment and supplies in and out of the property.
- Clean Masonite sections will be used as runners on all finished floor areas where heavy furniture or equipment is being moved with steel or skid dollies. The Masonite must be at least 1/4-inch thick, with 4’ x 8’ wide sheets in elevator lobbies and corridors, and 32” wide sheets through doors and in tenant space. All sections of Masonite must be taped down to prohibit sliding.
- The mover must provide and install protective coverings on all walls, door facings, elevator cabs and other areas along the route to be followed during the move. These areas will be inspected for damage after the move.
- Any damage to the building or fixtures caused by the move will be repaired or paid for by the tenant.
- The landlord will designate which of the freight elevators is to be used for the movement of furniture, equipment and supplies after having received a written request from the tenant or their moving company.
- Move-ins of large quantities of furniture, equipment or supplies must be accomplished after hours and must be scheduled in advance with the Property Management Office.
- Tenants must make arrangements with the Property Management Office for use of the freight elevator for each move. A firm arrival time will be established.
- The moving company will be required to remove all boxes, trash, etc., when leaving the building. Any materials left behind will be disposed of and charges for this disposal will be billed to the tenant.
Any movers that do not adhere to the above rules will not be allowed to enter the premises and/or will be required to discontinue the move.
Tenants must submit a signed Security Clearance Form to the Property Management Office to alert security that a move will be taking place. The moving company must comply with the following insurance requirements:
All Certificates of Insurance submitted to the Property Management Office at least 48 hours before the move takes place must, at a minimum, include all entities noted below as the “additional insured” on the general commercial liability policy to be in compliance with your lease/contract.
Commercial General Liability Insurance: $2,000,000
Commercial Automobile Liability Insurance: $1,000,000
Employers Liability Insurance: $1,000,000
Excess/Umbrella Liability Insurance: $2,000,000
Workers’ Compensation must comply with all statutory regulations in the state where work is being done.
The Certificate of Insurance must be issued, and signed, by an agent of the insurance carrier(s). This must be evidenced by the agent’s signature (not a stamp) and the specific title of “agent” indicated on the certificate next to the signature.
List Additional Insured as the Following:
- Hertz Westchase Park Plaza, LLC
- Hertz Investment Group
List Certificate Holder as the Following:
Hertz Westchase Park Plaza, LLC
11490 Westheimer Rd.
Houston, Texas 77077
Additional Insured Endorsement
Attach an Additional Insured Endorsement to the Certificate of Insurance