After-hours, Weekend and Holiday Emergency Procedures
This building is staffed with 24-hour security. Our building safety rules require that employees working after 6:30 PM during the week, or anytime on the weekends and holidays, must use their Access Card to enter the building.
- Ensure that employees working non-business hours are familiar with and understand emergency procedures.
- Make sure employees know where all emergency exits and stairwells are located.
- Keep thier list of disabled employees up to date and on file with the Property Management Office. This list is provided to the local fire department for use in emergency situations.
After-Hours Employee Safety Considerations
- Remain calm.
- After the alarm had been triggered, and once the event triggering the alarm had been identified, engineering or security will notify employees of the current status of the alarm over the public address system.
- If an employee is unable to exit down the stairwell, he or she should inform security by telephone or mobile phone of his/her presence and what area and floor he/she is located.
- In the event of a full-building evacuation, employees should remain together (if possible) and meet at the designated Safe Area for the property. The secondary relocation area will be the designated outdoor evacuation area.
- When the "all-clear" is given by the appropriate, emergency personnel, employees may return to their floor/re-enter the building(s).
- Elevators should not be used during an emergency. Employees relocating or evacuating should use the stairwell. If appropriate, emergency personnel may identify a safe elevator evacuation and authorize its use.
- If alone, do not jeopardize your safety. Remember that most alarms result in a maximum relocation of five floors from the floor that is in alarm. It is not exprected that a full-building evacuation will occur very often; however, if one does occur, employees are to relocate to the outdoor Safe Area and await security to provide all-clear notification.